Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 4: Input and Output

          
              Input devices and Output devices affect our everyday lives, and I’m hoping to learn from these devises to make my Smart Coffee cup the best piece of technology it could be. My idea is to create a Coffee cup that could cool itself and reheat itself so I can't really add features like a camera on it because I won't be necessary. One thing I can add to my Smart Coffee cup is voice recognition; this feature can help the user feel safe about hit cup. The way it would be used is that the user can set a voice password that would allow him to open the coffee cup, but it effective because only he could do it so the coffee cup can only recognize his voice.

             My coffee cup could be an input device if I decide to have a feature that could connect it to a computer and the options the user would have are to; manage the battery life, see if there is anything wrong with the coffee cup and probably more.  My coffee cup could also be output devices, by connecting a device like a phone to it you can have for example a hologram version of the phone screen and the user can interact with the hologram. These ideas are minor because they are not necessary for my coffee cup but they could be add-ons or extra feature to appeal to a wider variety of consumers.

           I wanted incorporate the RFID technology to my coffee cup, but after thinking about i decided not to add it. The disadvantage of that technology turned me off, because it is not completely secure and it has a bad public perception I’m thinking it would hurt the sales of my coffee cup. Instead I was amazed by Google new technology called near field communication of (NFC). The first time I heard about this was when Google came out with a phone called the Nexus S, and it was NFC enabled. Back then the only feature that it could do was to read information from smart tags. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk5mUdeEF8c
 Now the technology has evolved and it could do more so hopefully I can incorporate the NFC technology to my Smart Coffee Cup and make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment