Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 3: Smart Coffee cup

                  To make my Smart Coffee cup i will need to have a powerful computer and i will need to know the part of the computer to make sure they can be helpful in creating my project. I will need a good case unit to contain the electronic component of the computer, I will need to pick a good motherboard and CPU for my computer. I need to know what kind of processor i will need, so know about gigahertz is very important if i want a fast and efficient computer.

                 Knowing about which kind of heat sink i will need is very helpful because i do not want my computer to overheat. Memory is another important variable i need to take into consideration, I need to know how much memory will be needed to support my project whether its Kilobytes or terabytes. Learning about RAM and Cache would prove very useful, i will know about Memory cache and how they speed the processes of the computer.

              Building a computer for my project will prove to be very challenging and i need to be informed about expansion slots and adapter cards. Peripheral, sound cards, video cards, and memory cards are few things that would be necessary for my computer. Other things i will need to know are the ports in my computer because their is nothing worst than building a computer and messing up the connection. Being able to recognize port types and USB ports will help me very much. The information i learned would not only be useful in building my computer but they will also come in handy when i will start building the Smart Coffee cup, which will probably have similar steps because it will be like a mini computer in the coffee cup.

Igor Mouity

No comments:

Post a Comment