Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 1: Smart Coffee cup

      Living in Syracuse is hell. We go through all possible weather conditions and it is plain annoying. My idea is to have a smart coffee cup or an S-cup. This invention can be very beneficial to people who love coffee and do not want cold coffee. Imagine having a coffee cup that can stay the same temperature no matter what weather conditions you are in. An amazing thing about the S-cup is that it can actually cool down your coffee to the temperature you want, so you don't have to wait for your coffee to cool before drinking it. The smart coffee cup can do it for you.
      The winter in Syracuse is deadly, so I think having a coffee cup that can reheat the coffee or keep it at the same hot temperature when you are going through your everyday business is amazing. Winter is not the only season that the smart coffee cup can be used. Nowadays people buy iced coffee and the heat in Syracuse in the summer is also a problem. The S-cup can keep your iced coffee cold even when you leave it in your car and close all the windows. Thanks to this brand new invention, people from around the world can have the luxury of enjoying their coffee at whatever temperature they like and not worry about weather conditions.
       This cup would be much like a thermos, but it would have three layers separating external elements from the coffee. The first layer is a sensory layer, which recognizes when coffee is put into the cup. The second layer is the layer responsible for the cooling and heating of the coffee. This layer is split between the coils that cool and warming plates where one side of the cup has the coils that extract heat from the coffee to keep it cool, and the other half has the coils that keep the coffee consistently warm or add greater heat. The third layer protects the user from any harm that could come from the cooling and warming process of the coils.
   

12 comments:

  1. This is a pretty cool idea, you should also check out http://www.joulies.com/ they came around just a year or so ago and are working in a similar space. I would have to imagine that these two products together would keep coffee at the perfect temperature for a long while. good idea - good posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea and I think it would really take off. I hate having to wait for my drink to cool and by the time it does you have like 5 minutes to enjoy it before it gets cold. I like that it works for hot and cold drinks with a set temperature, it's a nice aspect to the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the idea or project you are trying to do. Specially because i know how annoying it could be when your coffee just cool up when you want it hot or the other way. From my own point of view i really hate when i buy coffee and it is way too hot that it burns my mouth. But also i hate when i want to drink something cold and it just warm up with the progress of time. That idea that you could control the temperature of whatever you are drinking is really convenience and smart i really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your idea. I personally do not drink coffee but I'm sure your smart coffee cup would work for any other hot/cold beverage. I would definitely invest in one because I do not like drinking cold tea when it's supposed to be hot. It's a great idea that it could also keep the beverage iced during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a coffee addict myself, this idea really excited me. I think that the practicality of this product is what would make it so successful, as well as the wide range of consumers that would purchase it. Absolutely anyone, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, geographic location, etc, could find a use for this product, so you could advertise for it anywhere. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. I am a coffee addict and I know how annoying it is to have to finish your cup of coffee before it gets cold, especially in those cold winter months in Syracuse when you can't even walk from Starbucks to class without your coffee completely losing all its warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a pretty interesting idea and with the way technology has been growing, it's really wise to think about incorporating innovative ideas into items that people use everyday. I also think that there is a lot of room to grow regarding this business since you would basically be implementing technology into coffee cups. Who knows? maybe one day we can play Angry Birds while drinking our coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your idea is pretty solid. I know how annoying it is to buy something warm and then its cold when I drink it. Something so basic like this can immediately shake up our technological era.

    ReplyDelete