Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 7: Networking

           Understanding networking is very important if your are interest in computer based projects. Internet protocol is the rules of communication, it includes syntax and semantics and it consist of small acts. The HTTP in the internet are the 4 step process between client and web servers. There are other internet protocols such as IMAP, POP, SMTP, and many more. The more restricted protocols are parent protocols TCP Transmission Control Protocol and IP that stands for Internet Protocols

         If i want to make a webpage that will show the content of my idea "Smart Coffee Cup" I will need to understand how the internet works. Every node on the internet needs and IP address to communicate and a set of four bytes. I will need to make a domain name similar to the 1800Flowers used in phones. A domain name is an alias for an IP address. I will need to know about ICANN which is reponsible for managing and coordinating the Domain name system. I can probably buy or sell my domain name, this is very important because i do not have to think hard for a perfect idea that is probably already taken.

          Creating a website for my project can be difficult because i have to manage servers. I have to be able to understand servers and how do they work. Giving out webpage information and quickly so that my server don't leave it open. I will about the command PING and the command TRACERT to see how fast my webpage information is given users. Creating a smart coffee cup webpage is an interesting way to share my product and if people are truly interested and can make my product sale better.

No comments:

Post a Comment